Yikes! The holidays are already here! And while this can be a time of love, family, and memories, it can also be a time of stress. Blooma strives to keep you centered with yoga class, keep you blood pumping with Barre Class, and can have you feeling relaxed with our Wellness Services. We recommend taking advantage of all Blooma has to offer to keep you calm during a busy time. Below are some tips from the Blooma Leadership Team to help get you through holidays. Feel free to carry this in your pocket!
- Self-care is not selfish. When our cups our full, we have more to give. When we feel complete and nourished, we give more abundantly. One thing that I always do to keep myself grounded, is each time I am about to get out of my car and run off to the next thing, I take 5 deep breaths to ground myself and repeat the mantra "There is enough, I have enough, I am enough."
- Beautify an outdoor space that can be seen from indoors. Try white lights around a tree that stays lit all winter or write in chalk on an exposed wall in your backyard (think shed, fence or garage.) I write "Winter is for Reflection" or "The light is Coming" on a shed I can see from my kitchen window.
- For every busy or rushed holiday gathering you have, commit to at least two hours “you time” My mantra is “I am a better wife/mother/friend/sister/daughter/coworker when I create time for myself”, so in theory you are giving your loved ones an awesome gift—a better you!
- Have ONE go to outfit for Holiday Parties, Church, Christmas dinner, New Year’s Eve. Let it be your “2016 Holiday Outfit”! Saves a TON of time!
- At family gatherings over the holidays, I always try to connect with the younger kids in my family. It grounds me and reminds me of how fun holiday time is just playing and goofing off. Sit at the kids table, draw with the little ones, create a game everyone can play. You'll reconnect with your inner child and feel the magic of the season.
- Things don’t have to be perfect to be great. We sometimes stress over every detail. How clean our house is, what our decorations look like, did we bake enough cookies, buy the right gifts, etc. By stressing over perfection, we lose sight of the joy around us. Instead, try to take every burnt batch of cookies as a time to laugh, every broken ornament as a moment of moving forward, and every family “mishap” as a story to tell again many Christmases from now.
- I like to remind myself of what matters most when caught up in the craziness of the holidays. From black Friday to Christmas shopping I like to take a step back and find comfort and happiness with my family and loved ones. It is a great time to remember how much love you have and how much love you have to share with others.
- When all else fails…Spike the Cider.
Happy Holidays from Blooma’s Leadership Team. Each tip was recommended by each member of the team. Thank you to Megan Foley, Sarah Auna, Greta Fay, Sarah Longacre, Tyler Copeland, Laura Gillespie, Sam Christopher, and Marina Povlitzki for your contributions!